Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Journey Through Food

I have always had an affinity for great cooking. My world travels have introduced me to glazed meats in Brazil, spicy curried dishes in India, bird's nest soup in Hong Kong and ginger/lime fish in Thailand just to mention a few of the many countries and dishes that have inspired me. Living in the Rocky Mountains of the western United States provides a vast food resource of fresh ingredients through local gardens, wild game and a variety of fresh water fish. I love to fish and recently began to post some of my wild caught trout recipes on my Facebook home page. The response has been a little overwhelming with such positive response and questions about how I prepare my dishes.

My daughter Tiffany and I enjoy home canning of various fruits and vegetables when they are freshly harvested in the fall. We have created several award winning recipes for garden salsa, relish and a raspberry/habanero sauce we call " Daddy Daughter Raspbanero Sauce".

I watch the Food Network almost every night on TV and have become a fan of Good Eats, Diners Drive-ins and Dives, Chopped and Iron Chef America. I explore their recipes and change the ones I like to fit my tastes. Life is a journey and the most important part is not the end of the road but the journey itself.

One of my favorite record albums from 1972 was the Moody Blues album "Seventh Sojourn" (yes, record that dates me). A sojourn is a journey and each of us has many journeys that define who and what we are. I have become, a little of salt and pepper, bitter with a little sweet...good and a little bad. In the end, I hope my journey completely transforms me from the bland into the savory--from the mediocre into the masterpiece.

Please join me as I blog about the foods, people and recipes throughout my own Seventh Sojourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment